Monday 8 December 2014

Advent




I always get very excited in the run up to Christmas. As soon as 1 December arrives, the rest of the month seems to race ahead in a blur of parties, present -purchasing and anticipation. This year we are trying to keep Christmas a bit low key and restful which we are in definite need of, but inevitably everything does get a little crazy at this time of year.

With our house finally looking more like a proper house than a building site, I have been busily crafting away, making things all festive and wintry. First on my list was an advent calendar.





I pinned about a million of these last year but didn’t get round to making on so I was determined this year! I ended up finishing it at about 11pm on 30 November!





I used some wallpaper that we picked up in Ikea and some of my vintage collection to make some Christmassy shapes. 



I made bells, stars, stockings, baubles and snowmen. Oh , and a giant Christmas Kitty for number 25 in honour of our furry friends. I then decorated them with gold pen and glitter, stuffed them with choccies (Lindt truffles) and sweeties (for R) and sewed them up.










I found this lovely twig in the fields behind mum and dad’s house and brought it back to London. I then strung the little advent parcels from it. They looked all twinkly in the kitchen light.















I’m pleased with how it turned out and it wasn’t difficult. But I do feel sad that we won’t be able to use it again next year. Next time I might make something that we can keep and use year on year. But for now we are enjoying opening the parcels every morning and popping out choccies in our pockets to take to work (or eating them on the train).


More decorations to show you soon!

Happy Xmas countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment